I’m still making progress on my 2018 Reading Challenges! Now that February has left us, let’s see what I accomplished this month!
My Goodreads Reading Challenge goal is 175 books, and so far I’ve completed 25/175. GR is telling me I’m still 2 books behind schedule.
Next, let’s check in on the Literary (&) Lacquers Reading Bingo, over in the Literary Lacquers facebook fan group. So far I’ve checked off 3/16 prompts. (If you participate, there are discounts for completion!)
- A Graphic Novel – Paper Girls Vol. 1
- A Book Written by an Author From a Different Country – Markswoman
- A Book With a Green Cover – The Book of Life
On the Book Riot Read Harder challenge, I haven’t checked much off. 4/24, a little behind.
- A Book About Nature – Our Native Bees
- The First in a New To You YA or Middle-Grade Series – Markswoman
- A Classic Genre of Fiction – The Silkworm
- A Comic Written or Illustrated by a Person of Color – Paper Girls Vol. 2
I’ve only made a little more progress for Popsugar’s Reading Challenge. 9/47
- A Book About a Villain or Antihero – Godsgrave
- A Book With An Animal in the Title – Our Native Bees
- A Book by a Female Author Who Uses a Male Pseudonym – The Silkworm
- A Book by an Author of a Different Ethnicity Than You – Markswoman
- A Book You Borrowed or Were Given as a Gift – Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance
- A Book by a Local Author – Tricks for Free (review next week )
- A Book That’s Published in 2018 – Tempests & Slaughter
- A Book You Meant to Read in 2017 But Didn’t Get To – Strange Practice
- A Book By Two Authors – The Tangled Lands
I also added my local library’s 10 To Read challenge and have made reasonable progress. 3/10
- A Young Adult Book – Godsgrave
- A Book Set in a Place You’ve Never Been – Tricks for Free
- A Book About Food – Acid Trip
I did my second buddy read of The Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone earlier this month with my blogging buddy Marzie. Check out the discussion posts of Two Serpents Rise. Part one was on my blog here and part two was over at Marzie’s Reads. Look for our reviews and discussion posts of book three, Full Fathom Five next month!
The Hugo reading hasn’t kicked in yet (soon, I imagine) but because I am a masochist, I guess, I am hosting an 11-book Read Along of the entire October Daye series as we prepare for book #12 Night and Silence to release in September. Over in the Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant Fans group on Facebook (which I help admin), we’re discussing one book every three weeks. Last month we started with Rosemary & Rue. On February 18, we discussed book #2, A Local Habitation. Next up is book #3 An Artificial Night on March 11.
What have you been reading this month?